Thursday, April 07, 2005

and smart also?

my entry last april 06, 2005 is about globe not extending their promo on buffet pricing of text and call service. and i think smart's 25/8 will not be extended also. but according to pldt's executives, they are likely to offer the p10 per-call land line promo as permanent.

my analysis, for them not to continue their unlimited promo because of the following reasons:
  1. sun cellular's subscribers take up will not affect them because sun cellular is famous for another set of mobile phone or sim. and for the fact that globe executives said that the market is saturated because mobile market penetration is now at 42%.

  2. it will affect their network, it might congest and result to low quality of service. the problems of network congestion and quality of service can be solve, but it takes enough financial investment, careful planning, and time for integrating the solution. they [globe and smart] are not yet ready to invest in maximizing their network capacity. they are focus on widening coverage, in fact smart covers 95% of the country and globe covers 90% and it will add a thousand cell sites these year.

  3. lastly, offering buffet pricing on the two service might affect their profits next year. i'm sure they already forecasted their increase profits next year, which pldt forecasted last 2003 that their forecasted profits in 2004 is 22 to 25 billion pesos. but they account 28 billion pesos when they revealed it. i forgot the name of the article i read, but their analysis is, if smart will offer the same as sun cellular's 24/7, it will take a big chunk in their 2005 profits.
conclusion, they are only experimenting the unlimited service. financially it will ruin them down and it will affect their "quality" of service.

so that means sun cellular rules. kung smart ka, saan nga ba umiikot and globe? that makes us different sun subscribers.
__________________________________________________________
click here to read the news from inq7.net.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi touchkey badzkey,
I was looking for people who have the same interest with me but in the process I found your nice and smart also? blog here. Well done!
Anyway, if you get time come visit my financial expert site. I am benefiting from it and I feel obligated to share it with everybody.
Warm regards.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi touchkey badzkey,
I was looking for people who have the same interest with me but in the process I found your nice and smart also? blog here. Well done!
Anyway, if you get time come visit my financial freedom site. I am benefiting from it and I feel obligated to share it with everybody.
Warm regards.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home