Monday, May 23, 2005

reminds me home

this news article from manila bulletin online makes me miss my hometown, camiguin island. the news article is well written and entitled "the best of camiguin".

why this article makes me miss my hometown? because almost of the things mentioned quiet reminisce me when i was still there at camiguin island.

we will start with the place offshore native restaurant. this place is not far from our house [approximately 200 meters] , usually me and my brothers just take a walk if we feel the urge to drink a few bottles of san mig light or red horse beer and devour fried chicken or sisig. sometimes, we will go there with some of co-workers at camiguin polytechnic state college [cpsc] for "booze bonding".

the gui-ob old church, why should i forget this place, this place is located in bonbon, catarman, camiguin. this place has lots of lanzones and mackerel [tulingan]. i will never forget when me and my cousins drink 2 gallons of cooter (a mix of 1 gallon tuba, 12 oz. royal tru orange, tablea, 1 native egg) here with lanzones as pulutan at the back of this old church overseeing passing fishing boats.

this is the last place i have visited when i leave the island, katibawasan falls. this place is near to our land property situated in kabuhi and kabunuan. this place is always be in my heart, i use to bring my classmates here whenever we will go to kabuhi or kabunuan for a fresh buko, lanzones, or green mangoes.

though there are lots of beautiful sceneries and attractions in the island, my most favorite of all spots in the island is the ardent hot spring.

there are still lots of places you can enjoy while you are in camiguin island. your 3 days will not be enough if you want to enjoy each of the beautiful spots in the island. you can view all the 22 unique attractions the island can offer in the camiguin island portal below.

now this makes me salivate. for my entire 2 years here in manila i haven't eaten kilawin here or "kinilaw in visayan dialect. i have tried preparing once with no "tabon-tabon" nut and it turns out not the way i like it. maybe because i used to have tabon-tabon nut in our kilawin back at my hometown. the tabon-tabon will give the kilawin a mild astringent and bitter taste. now it make me salivates some more.

the article mention this camiguin highland resort as relatively regarded as camiguin island's finest. though haven't been in this place yet because when leave the island this place is not yet establish. but don't mind if i have to feature the resort here, that is because my brother has been an employee of this resort before he entered the seminary just this month. my brother wants to be a priest. well, we pray hard and wish him luck.

back to the resort, ths is quoted from the author of the article: "it is situated in orasan, soro-soro, mambajao, camiguin, this resort’s in-house café boasts of a wide selection of food, from tropical burgers to club house sandwiches—chinese laureatte to pinoy breakfast meals—meuniered prawns with sweet sauce to chicken cordonbleu—well enough for a mealtime fill."

to top that "the best for some sure food and comfortable reception, one need not think twice in choosing camiguin highland resort, with staff service equaling famous restos and hotels in manila."

manned by highly service-oriented staff, trained at camiguin school of arts and trade [csat]. now here where my mom works as vocational instruction supervisor. csat is as tesda supervized school.

now, don't ask me why this article reminds me home, it links, can't you see?

some links about the island camiguin:
camiguin island's portal
direct search links through google
wow philippines:camiguin island

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home